Design and analysis for torsion and shear in reinforced concrete elements - 2 CPD Points
29-30 October 2020
Torsional moments in structures occur due to factors such as asymmetrical loading, member geometry and or structural framing. Torsional moments are typically accompanied by bending moments and shearing forces. When subjected to torsional moments, the design of reinforced concrete elements gets distorted. Insufficient torsional resistance may result in structural instability and collapse. More often the design provisions for shear and torsion in bridges and buildings are based on the 45° truss model. However, simplified methods in design codes are derived from simple combination of the pure torsion and pure shear methods.
The aim of this online training is to discuss different design specifications, provisions and applicable codes when designing for shear, flexure and torsion in reinforced concrete elements. Different models applicable will also be discussed in detail.
Who Should Attend:
- Structural Design Engineers
- Junior Structural Engineers
- Professional Structural Engineers
- Candidate Structural Engineers
- Civil Structural Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Concrete Technologists
- Consulting Engineers,
- Construction Engineers,
- Fabricators and Manufacturers of structural systems
Benefits of attending:
- Distinguishing between equilibrium and compatibility torsion
- Applying latest technology to predict behavior of different elements under torsion
- Comparing different applicable design codes
- Gaining insight into torsional reinforcement
- Discussing in detail the Compression Field Theory for shear and torsion
- Understanding limitation on shear stress for hollow sections and solid sections
- Discussing the impact of poor designs for shear and torsion
PRICE: R 4999
2 ECSA CPD Points
ZOOM LIVE ONLINE TRAINING
DATE 29-30 October
BOOK AND PAY TO RECEIVE LINK FOR THE ONLINE TRAINING
Facilitator: Bhavin Shah
Sound experience in Structural engineering for nearly two decades in different facilities of diversified Industries such as Oil & gas, Power (thermal & renewable), commercial, residential, Water retaining structures, etc. within India as well as outside India.
Having unique experience of working in the Engineering department of Specialized firm of civil & structural consultancy (VMS), Large EPC firm (L&T) and Owner based set up (Adani group). Have got the opportunities for working in the projects at different stages, such as conceptual, prefeasibility, basic engineering, detail engineering, retrofitting, investigation for causes of failures, etc. At present, working as CEO at SQVe Consultants.
Involved with advancement of Structural Engineering Profession and is a Governing Council Member of the Indian Association of Structural Engineers (IAStructE) & Chairman of IAStructE Gujarat State Centre. At present, pursuing part time PhD in Structural Engineering with an overall aim for implementation of BRB technology in India for design new / retrofitting of the RCC & Steel structures for earthquake resistant design.