Advanced Techniques for Surface Engineering 2 CPD POINTS
10-11 DECEMBER 2020
18-19 FEBRUARY 2021
A vast number of technical, physical and chemical processes take place at surfaces and the majority of material failures are surface-initiated by such surface processes as wear, friction or hostile environmental conditions. Today's shortages of resources make the search for wear and corrosion resistant materials one of the most important tasks of the next century. Since the surface of a material is the location where any interaction occurs, it is where the hardest requirements on the material are imposed: to be wear resistant for tools and bearings; to be corrosion resistant for turbine blades and tubes in the petrochemical industry; to be anti-reflecting for solar cells; to be decorative for architectural panels and to combine several of these properties in other applications. Surface engineering is the general term that incorporates all the techniques by which a surface modification can be accomplished.
This workshop seeks to equip delegates with in-depth knowledge on manufacturing risk identification and management and provide decision makers at all levels with a common understanding of the relative maturity and attendant risks associated with manufacturing technologies, products, and processes to be considered. Different techniques of altering the physical, chemical and geometrical properties of engineering material surfaces will also be discussed in the workshop.
Benefits of Attending
- Fostering the understanding of advanced surface engineering technologies.
- Delivering a strong, robust and resilient ecosystem for the surface engineering and coatings community, which is key to rapid growth.
- Brings together scientists and technologists from academia and industry, thereby merging research with application and promoting coating integration in materials design and engineering.
- Promote discussion of basic aspects of surface’s science, technology and engineering
- Addressing the imbalance in manufacturing readiness levels
- Gaining in-depth knowledge in lowering the amount of materials, capacity and manpower wasted in the process by producing just enough product to meet current demand
- Provision of more effective manufacturing methods in order to continue making quality products despite strict reductions of waste
- Decrease the amount of time needed to manufacture product, making up for the lack of surplus.
- Bridging the widen gap between the world innovators (Europe) in coating development and Africa
Who Should Attend?
- Chemical Engineers,
- Mechanical Engineers
- Electrical Engineers
- Electrical Technologists/Technician
- Metallurgical Engineers
- Aerospace Engineers
- Aerospace Managers
- Aeronautical Engineers
- Product Engineers
- Engineering Managers
- Petroleum Engineers
- Petroleum Technicians
- Quality Managers
- Control and Automation Specialists
- Automation and Instrumentation Technologies
- Plant Technicians
- Project Engineers (Control and Instrumentation)
Theunis Post is an experienced and passionate Chemical Engineer, Mentor and Project Manager in various fields with 22 years in the Manufacturing and Project environment. He has worked on projects greater than R200million on mining, ventilation, chemical manufacture, and textile processing. He is a qualified Chemical Engineer with a National Diploma in chemical Engineering which has necessitated him to gain 15 years of experience at in the polymer and related chemical plants. Furthermore, he has been privileged to be the project engineer and manager of various complex installations in mining and ventilation industry. Theunis has been the lead engineer on various Major Hazardous Installations and possess a clear and calm perspective on Advanced Techniques for Surface Engineering.
Theunis has extensive experience in being a Senior Project manager in the Ventilation Industry where he oversaw the supplying and installation of smoke ventilation systems at Robertson Ventilation and Industries based in Mozambique. He has far-reaching understanding as a Project Engineer in the Chemical and Mining industry where he was responsible for the supplying and manufacturing of air pollution control equipment and support. Theunis has wider ranging experience as an Engineering manager in the Chemical industry at Synthomer whose entity included the manufacturing of emulsion polymers for predominantly the paint and adhesive industry
To add on the valuable experience that he has amassed for the past 22 years in the industry Theunis has also been a HAZOP study leader and headed of multiple projects. He has also worked on Research and Development in the Textile Industry.
PRICE: R 4999 ZOOM LIVE ONLINE DATES 10-11 DECEMBER 2020
PRICE: R 8550 PUBLIC EVENT SIERRA HOTEL RANDBURG DATES 18-19 FEBRUARY 2021